Presented by Claire Warden
Join Claire as she demonstrates in front of the camera how she uses the Floorbook Approach to document children’s learning and the development of their cultural capital.
Cultural capital is "the essential knowledge that pupils need to be educated citizens, introducing them to the best that has been thought and said and helping to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.”
Ofsted definition / National Curriculum
Cultural capital will be part of the inspection process in the area of quality of education, from September 2019 in England.
Aims of this webinar:
- To help you understand cultural capital and how it's delivered in your setting.
- Explore its impact on children.
- Demonstrate how to boost children’s cultural capital.
- Show how to document this learning journey with the Floorbook Approach.
This webinar is aimed at all professionals working within Early Years Childcare and Primary Education. This is an introductory webinar and therefore no pre-requisite learning is required.
By the end of this webinar you'll be able to:
- Describe ways to develop cultural capital.
- Understand the process of using a Floorbook to document this learning.
This webinar provides 50 minutes of professional development.
Claire will answer any questions you have on Cultural Capital and Floorbooks and you’ll have the opportunity to share your own experiences, techniques and stories with other webinar attendees.
Everyone who registers for the webinar will receive a recording within 24hrs of the broadcast, so if you can't attend the live webinar, you’ll be able to watch it at a time convenient to you.
Want your whole team to watch the webinar? A group discount is available please contact us to find out more.