11th-13th November 2019 - ITC Level 2 Award in Forest School Assistants - 3 day course-Fowlis Wester
ITC Level 2 Award in Forest School Assistants (3 day course)
Date: Mon 11th November – Wed 13th November 2019
- Day 1: 09.00 - 16.30
- Day 2: 09.00 - 16.30
- Day 3: 09.00 - 15.30
Venue: Fowlis Wester Village Hall, Fowlis Wester, Nr Crieff, PH7 3NL
Qualification number: 603/3211/6
This qualification is intended for those who wish to become an Assistant Forest School Leader.
- Understand how a Forest School can support an individual’s learning and development.
- Know how experiences can support learning and development at a Forest School.
- Be able to perform the role of Assistant at a Forest School.
- Understand sustainable woodland management at a Forest School.
- Understand the role of risk assessment at Forest School.
- Be able to carry out practical tasks at Forest School.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit.
Minimum age 16 years and some experience in Forest School advised.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit. You are required to write essays & reports to evidence theory. Practically, you will be required to support 3 forest school sessions & track 1 child’s development during this time period.
Course involvement level:
- 3 days training, 54 guided learning hours, portfolio of evidence to be handed in within a year
- 3 days training
- Your supportive learning materials
- Remote support throughout the course
Duration: one year for completion of submission