16 Oct 2019 Cultural Capital and Nature Pedagogy - Is There a Link? Symposium Day with Claire Warden
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD OFFER! Buy this Symposium Day (16 October) plus Floorbooks Masterclass Day (17 October) for £180. Total saving £80*.
Date: Wednesday, 16th October 2019
Time: 09:30 – 15:30
Venue: Dunblane Hydro, Perth Road, Dunblane, FK15 0HG
Join Claire and international colleagues to reflect on the relationship between cultural capital and nature pedagogy. This symposium style day will consider if models such as outdoor nurseries and nature pre-schools affect all children’s educational achievement.
Aims and Objectives:
- To go beyond outdoor activities to explore the place of cultural capital in a nature-based curriculum
- To share international stories from Brazil, America, Europe and Australia of nature-based innovative practice that make a difference to children, families and communities
Outcomes. By the end of the day you will be able to:
- Discuss cultural capital as a concept and consider its impact in your setting
- Define Nature Pedagogy and how its values underpin your nature-based practice inside, outside and beyond the walls of your setting.
- Consider the similarities in pedagogy between countries in an international meshwork with the International Association of Nature Pedagogy