11 - 15 Nov 2019 - ITC Award for Forest School Leaders - 5 days total - Fowlis Wester
ITC Level 3 Award for Forest School Leaders (5 day course)
Date: Mon 11 November – Fri 15 November 2019
- Day 1: 09.00 - 16.30
- Day 2: 09.00 - 16.30
- Day 3: 09.00 - 15.30
- Day 4: 09.30 - 18.00
- Day 5: 09.30 - 15.30
Venue: Fowlis Wester Village Hall, Fowlis Wester, Nr Crieff, PH7 3NL
Qualification number: 603/3213/X
This qualification is intended to provide the skills and knowledge required to set up and deliver safe and effective Forest School Programmes, for those who wish to become Forest School Leaders.
Learners will learn about these topics:
- Woodland habitats - its structure, species identification and sustainable management.
- Programme delivery - it’s planning, management and safe facilitation.
- Monitoring, tracking and evaluating children’s progress over their time at Forest School.
- The theory behind Forest School - understanding how the whole child develops during their Forest School sessions.
- Reflection of practice to move forward in your personal development.
- Support in creation of a Forest School handbook.
- Develop practical bush craft skills in shelter construction, knots, tool use, fire management and cooking outdoors.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit.
19 years and experience in Forest School, youth work or education advised. Please be aware this involves submission of a portfolio to an academic level equivalent to the first year of a degree. We can accept a range of evidence for people with specific learning requirements. You should have some experience of working outside with children prior to attending the course.
Course involvement level:
- 5 days training, 96 guided learning hours, portfolio of evidence to be handed in within a year
- 5 days training
- Your supportive learning materials
- Remote support throughout the course
Duration: one year for completion of submission